The Royal Entomological Society introduces its strategy for 2022-25, which focuses on our new vision to ‘enrich the world with insect science’.
The strategy has four strategic priorities:
1. Support the study and practice of insect science.
2. Increase public understanding of insect science.
3. Empower and support the entomological community.
4. Invest in our workforce and infrastructure.
In developing our strategy, we engaged our membership and embraced its expertise. Through numerous workshops, interviews, surveys and a large-scale membership consultation, we have been able to identify where the Royal Entomological Society can have the greatest impact within insect science. Our focus remains on how best to serve our members and fellows and on expanding and supporting our entomological community going forward. This is an ambitious strategy that focuses on our new vision to ‘enrich the world with insect science’.
Simon Ward, RES CEO
The Royal Entomological Society will:
- Be a vibrant, welcoming and nurturing community at the forefront of insect science
- Provide world-class support to all areas of insect science
- Prepare students for rewarding careers, supporting the next generation of entomologists
- Be a go-to resource and knowledge bank
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusivity
- Be progressive and exciting; a Society that people will notice and remember
View our Strategy document:
Listen to RES speeches at our Strategy Launch:
Thank you to everyone involved with the Strategy Launch, and to all those of you who help support us to enrich the world with insect science.